In this blog...

Thursday, January 26, 2012

[sweet or savory?] perfect papardelle

Very slowly, I've been making my way through an ever growing list of new recipes to try. This one was from Plenty and titled Crunchy Papardelle. It was worth the trips to get the particular ingredients and the time spent preparing because it turned out tasty as a top restaurant dish! The rich cream and wine sauce contrasted with the freshness of parsley and lemon, coating the pasta and vegetables. Not exactly low-fat (the diet started afterwards) but really, really delicious and something I'd definitely make again!



But wait, there's more! I posted that I made my own granola bars a little while back but I made new batch yesterday with some different add-ins - red sour cherries, candied ginger and pecans. This time it stayed in bar form and didn't crumble like my first attempt! Also I made Sweet Potato Hummus which turned out to be a winner. (Recipe here.)

5 comments:

  1. I love the flavors and textures in this dish. It looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was :)
    (i made one of your recipes tonight! the egg rolls. i need some practice with the rolling but otherwise quite tasty.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and all my husband's colleagues (he was showing off at work)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Keep it appropriate please! Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...