In this blog...

Monday, May 21, 2012

[sweet or savory?] fried rice & sticky chicken

Last week I made some new recipes for dinner, not that I had time but I was in the mood to cook. I made Parsley & Ricotta Ravioli (using wonton wrappers) with a Lemon & Roasted Eggplant Sauce - so yummy but wasn't pretty enough to photograph. My husband picked up some shiitake mushrooms so we made a spinach salad with sautéed mushrooms and onions and a sprinkle of goat cheese to have along side a simple omelette.

Later in the week I added the leftover half container of shiitake mushrooms to a fried rice dish: in a wok or large frying pan, add a little olive oil and sauté chopped onion until it starts to brown, add chopped mushrooms, a generous amount of edamame beans, cook for a few minutes, add in 3 cups cooked sushi rice (or brown rice), season with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, a little sesame oil, some sesame seeds, stir in baby spinach leaves until just wilted. Remove rice from wok, keep warm and fry chicken strips in same wok. I marinated chicken strips in a light sesame, soy & ginger marinade for an hour before cooking and they fried up nice and sticky.

Makes for great leftovers the next day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Keep it appropriate please! Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...