In this blog...

Friday, August 12, 2011

vegas art #1

Earlier this year, we took a few days off and drove to Las Vegas, NV (my first time there) and then on to various places in Arizona (Sedona, Flagstaff, Pheonix). We weren't in Las Vegas for very long but I was excited to discover that near our hotel was a gallery of work by Dale Chihuly, my favorite artist since I went to see his Lights of Jerusalem exhibit in 2000. I spent a good hour in this gallery, taking in the colors and forms, the light and shadow of the glass sculptures and vessels. We were only there a short while so I'm sure there's a lot more to explore but with all the glitzy and gaudy hotels and neon lights on the strip, I liked this the best. (Although 'O' was amazing!)

Have a  colorfu weekend!

front of the gallery


expressive "painting" with glass


Large yellow/green sculpture and it's reflection in the base below it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Keep it appropriate please! Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...