In this blog...

Thursday, December 22, 2011

old time elegance

I recently went to a very fun party for a relative's birthday. They held the reception at a beautiful old hall (which I think is being torn down) and did a great job on the decor. Candles, lots of mirrors, heavy velvet curtains, warm dark brown colours, brocade. A few of the pictures I took had an elegant atmosphere and are evocative of old black and white films, of a glamorous time in the past, say 1920's but with a modern twist. Glad I was able to be there!



4 comments:

  1. My sister is a professional photographer and prefers black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it too but i preferred it more when i was able to develop my own negatives and prints. there's good scope with digital but i do miss the hands-on aspect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. Love that last photo with the candles. They definitely look great in black & white.

    -Fi

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. Keep it appropriate please! Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...