In this blog...

Sunday, December 30, 2012

[sweet or savory?] barley risotto

It's been a while since I've done a food post! Granted, I haven't been posting as regularly in general, very busy and it's only going to get more hectic.

I wanted to make this particular recipe since I first saw it in Jerusalem (the new Ottolenghi cookbook) and have had ingredients on hand for two weeks to make it, only got a chance today. We enjoyed it as a warming Sunday lunch on this chilly day.

A flavorful non-traditional risotto, the barley had a nice bite to it and subtle flavors of other ingredients gave this dish depth, with the feta added a cooling element that offset the heat from a little chile. Very pleasant, a light yet filling main meal. (Not quite the wow like this meal but still good!)

Jerusalem has so many interesting recipes (I've bookmarked a few more to try someday). I enjoyed reading the additional commentary as it brings the city to life through the authors' food memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. Keep it appropriate please! Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...